Run for The Sussex Beacon
Run for #TeamBeacon in 2024!
We’re inviting you to be a hero and support our heroes, The Sussex Beacon Nursing Team. Raise £200 (excluding Gift Aid) and you will receive VIP treatment, with private toilets, dedicated bag drop and a unique Beacon medal. Run dressed as a hero or in a Team Beacon vest.
This year we are raising money to fund the position of an amazing inpatient unit nurse, so run dressed up as your favourite hero (whether that be a superhero or someone who is a hero to you) or with a Team Beacon vest. It’s up to you!
We have a limited number of free places on offer, so don’t delay! Get in touch at email@example.com .
Each year the Brighton Half Marathon raises vital funds for The Sussex Beacon. It ensures we can continue to support people living with HIV in Sussex.
You can find out more about our work by visiting our website www.sussexbeacon.org.uk .
Our celebrity runner this year is Zoe Lyons, a comedian known for her appearances on Survivor and Mock The Week.
Why be part of #TeamBeacon?
- Meet family and friends before and after the race with exclusive access to the #teambeacon area
- Refreshments, hot food, and toilets only for our runners
- Exclusive family cheering point
- Team Beacon technical running vest
- Team Beacon medal (in addition to race finisher’s medal)
- Team Beacon members only Facebook group for news, tips and motivation
- Support and advice from our challenge events fundraiser to help you smash your target
- A reason to keep going! Knowing that you are helping improve the lives of local people living with HIV in Sussex.
Tom Oakden has brought a group of runners to Team Beacon for the last 5 years, and here’s why:
“I decided to run for the Sussex Beacon as have some friends who have been served so excellently by you. To be available 365 days of the year, helping serve people in real need, I find it a privilege to be fundraising to support that, for our city.
“Sponsorship is so much more than raising money. There’s much opportunity to bring awareness that the Beacon is simply there, what you do, your history, and the reality of the needs that you serve. So many people seem to have an affection to the Sussex Beacon, a lot from personal association which is a brilliant encouragement.”
How to join Team Beacon
You can enter the 2024 race here.
Resources & help
Once you have signed up to the race, click here to set up your personalised JustGiving page in just a few simple steps so you can start fundraising!
You can also join our #teambeacon Facebook group where you can ask questions and get support from your fellow teammates.
Any questions? Call us on 01273 034800.